In my post How Epic broke Gears of War 2 multiplayer, I was quite vocal about the disappointing state of the multiplayer game compared to the polished and undeniably awesome campaign - and many of you agreed.
Thankfully, help is on the way with Title Update 3 (that’s Patch 3 for those of you who don’t speak Microsoft) which is in final testing and should be certified and released within four weeks.
Some interesting fixes and additions are as follows:
- Country preference added
- Players who quit will be replaced by bots
- Chainsaw invincibility fix
- Inconsistency in the time taken to get up after a smoke grenade removed, now always two seconds
- Shotgun shield glitch fix
- There will be a delay on chainsaw/melee after roadie running to match the delay added to firing the shotgun in Title Update 2
Check out this post over at the Gears of War 2 forums for all the changes.