We’re all aware that Nintendo prints money. Not content with that fact alone being fresh in gamers minds, Nintendo have released another ten carefully selected tidbits in a recent press release.
* Through the first half of 2007, the total Wii hardware sell-through in the United States and Canada combined is more than 2.3 million units (2.1 million United States, 222,000 Canada).
* For the first half of 2007, Nintendo represents nearly 70 percent of the industry growth in the United States and Canada combined.
* In June alone, Wii was once again the top-selling home console with nearly 435,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (381,800 United States, 53,000 Canada).
* In June alone, Nintendo DS was the top-selling video game system overall with nearly 608,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (562,000 United States, 46,000 Canada).
* Nintendo remained the top video game publisher in the United States and Canada in June, as well as the top publisher for all of 2007.